Wednesday 10 October 2007

Sara the Cook is on the road.

Day 3 today of the Panto Schools Tour took me to another five schools in Swansea including St Josephs Primary where after the Panto show I was treated to a great performence of The Circle of Life which they are rehearsing for their school concert.

So far I'm been taken to 15 schools by the Grand Theatre Marketing Team in a fantastic old Daimler car.

I take a break tomorrow to go and talk to some performing arts students at Gorseinon College but will be back in Swansea schools on Friday, whilst on Monday Sarah the Cook goes to Llanelli and then Neath/Port Talbot schools on Tuesday.

The response has been fantastic and I have enjoyed this year's school's tour more than ever.

Its great that the children remember previous panto productions at the Grand and I'm amazed that so many of them are panto goers.

Altogether Sara the Cook (thats me of course) performed to about 1600 children today!

Its very important to get children to come to panto as its' so often their first experience of theatre .... if they enjoy panto then they'll come and see other shows.

It was great to bump into some old Wales' Theatre Company friends at the Grand today including Ieuan Rhys who will be playing King Crumble in Jack and the Beanstalk at the Riverfront in Newport this Christmas.

No comments: